Application Fee for New Students: $50
Enrollment Fee for New Families: $100
Supply Fee – Annual
Early Childhood programs
Three Day: $300
Four Day: $335
Five Day: $375
Grades 1–3: $375
Grades 4–8: $525
Note: Supply fees cover field trips and specialized classroom materials.
Late Fees – All payment plans are subject to late charges of $30.00 per payment period on unpaid balances and charges for returned checks.
*For information on ages recommended for class placement, payment options and other details check enrollment FAQs.
2023-2024 School Year
Chickadee Preschool – Three & Five Day
Typically for children 3 years old by June 1st of the year of enrollment. Acceptance is based on age, child’s physical and social readiness, and the parents’ willingness to work with the principles of Waldorf education. The age deadlines are subject to teacher assessment.
We offer a three and a five day program.
Classes meet from 8:15 am – 12:30 pm
- five day class is offered Monday-Friday – Annual tuition is $10,350
- three day class is offered Tuesday-Thursday – Annual tuition is $6,970
Morning Glory Full Day Kindergarten – Five Day
Typically for children age 4 through age 7, depending on readiness for first grade. Acceptance is based on age, child’s physical and social readiness, and the parents’ willingness to work with the principles of Waldorf education. The age deadlines are subject to teacher assessment.
The five day program meets from 8:15 am – 3:15 pm, Monday – Friday – Annual tuition is $12,900
Willow Wind Kindergarten – Four & Five Day
Typically for children 4 years old by June 1st of the year of enrollment. Acceptance is based on age, child’s physical and social readiness, and the parents’ willingness to work with the principles of Waldorf education. The age deadlines are subject to teacher assessment.
We offer a 4 and a 5 day program for kindergarten, 8:15 am – 12:30 pm
- The five day class is offered Monday-Friday – Annual tuition is: $10,350
- The four day class is offered Monday-Thursday – Annual tuition is: $8,700
Grades 1 – 8
Grades classes are 8:15 am – 3:15 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. 8:15 am – 12:30 pm on Thursday
Annual Tuition: $13,800
Tuition Discounts and Adjustment
Offered to families with more than one child enrolled at CWS.
First Child (oldest) pays 100% tuition
Second and subsequent Child(ren) 10% discount
Annual Tuition Payment Discount
A 3% discount is offered if full payment is received by July 31st.
The Corvallis Waldorf School strives to make Waldorf education available to all who seek it. Within budgetary constraints, the school provides adjustments to eligible families who apply for tuition adjustment and have a demonstrated financial need. Please see our tuition adjustment policy & procedure for details.
As a social objective, the Corvallis Waldorf School Tuition Adjustment Program is designed to enable qualified students to attend CWS who might not otherwise be able to do so for financial reasons. The program plays a major role in contributing to the success, diversity and health of the school. The Corvallis Waldorf School strives to adhere to the mission and principle of supporting accessibility for all families who seek a Waldorf education. Families with students at least four years old, and kindergarten eligible, are eligible for tuition adjustment.
Guidelines we use to determine adjustments to tuition:
- Applications for tuition adjustment are considered in cases where all balances and fees are current.
- Admission decisions are made independently of decisions for tuition adjustment
- Supply fees are not eligible for Tuition Adjustment.
- Applications and agreements for tuition adjustment are made for one year. Families reapply annually.
- The Tuition Adjustment Committee reviews completed applications and offers adjustment based on the demonstrated financial need and the availability of funds. The Committee must balance a family’s ability to pay tuition with standards that ensure equitable distribution of adjustments. Our decisions are guided by an independent financial needs assessment by FACTS. The Committee gives strong favorable consideration to demonstrated commitment to CWS as well as Waldorf education.
- The Tuition Adjustment process is held in strict confidence and with deep respect for privacy. All Tuition Adjustment awards are confidential agreements. We ask the same of our families receiving tuition adjustment. Please do not share or publish your Tuition Adjustment Agreement, in general or in detail, with your peers.
- Tuition Adjustment is awarded per the application at the time of the award. Any changes in the enrollment application or a family’s financial circumstances, at any later time, may necessitate a change in the Tuition Adjustment. The school reserves the right to adjust any tuition adjustment awards when there is a deviation between the actual income reported on the prior year tax returns and that projected in the application.
How to Apply for Tuition Adjustment
Is Tuition Adjustment available for Early Childhood Programs?
Your child must be four and kindergarten eligible to qualify for tuition adjustment.
The Tuition Adjustment program seeks to assist families who have a financial need after all options for financial support have been explored. These options include both parents working or actively seeking employment or other income generating possibilities when all children in the family have reached grade school age.
1) Fill out the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment form ($35 fee, payable online to FACTS)
Apply online at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/4BYDJ. If you are transmitting your application online, mail your supporting documents to: FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment, PO Box 82524, Lincoln, NE 68401-2524 or fax them to 866-315-9264. You do not need to leave a hard copy at the school’s office.
You can begin the tuition adjustment application process before completing your most recent year taxes. If you are interested in being in our Phase I consideration, please plan ahead so the most recent year tax returns are available.
2) Write Your Letter (turn into the Corvallis Waldorf School)
A personal letter outlining your situation and any extenuating circumstances is required. This letter is important to highlight the unique details that you would want to be understood in the review process and would not show up on any generic form. Please turn this letter into the business office. Examples of items to include in the letter might be:
- Summarize your connection and commitment to Waldorf education and the Corvallis Waldorf School.
- Do you realize any income that is not reflected on your income tax returns?
- Are there expected changes in income or expenses in the year to come?
- Have you reached out for help from friends or family to meet your family’s tuition? We encourage families to look to personal resources, including assets, when determining their level of adjustment request.
- Is your financial need temporary?
Unique family situations not captured by FACTS.
Savings, Retirement Contributions & Plans, and Other Assets
Many families at CWS make significant sacrifices so their children can attend our school. The FACTS analysis determines an appropriate asset value for each family based on your age and future earning potential. Some of your assets may be determined to be an available resource for your family to use for payment of tuition. The school expects families to utilize their resources before requesting an adjustment from the school.
The Tuition Adjustment Committee will be able to proceed with a review of your application when the above information is complete. A complete application consists of:
- Confirmed and reviewed FACTS application
- Letter to CWS received
- Child eligible (Age)
- Family eligible (No debt to CWS)
Changes in Circumstances
Tuition Adjustment recipients are required to notify the committee of any changes in financial status at any time. Failure to report these changes may impact future awards.
If you have any questions, contact Diane Martin at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is on the Tuition Adjustment Committee?
The Tuition Adjustment Committee includes the Director of Business Operations and the School Administrator.
Is there a priority for Tuition Adjustment funds?
Yes, these awards are made to families of students who demonstrate financial need and commitment to Waldorf education.
In addition, priorities are given in the following order:
- Families currently enrolled at CWS
- Families new to CWS, with previous Waldorf experience
- Families new to CWS, without previous Waldorf experience
When is the deadline to apply for tuition adjustment?
Application deadline for Phase I review is April 15 . Applications received after this time will be considered on a case by case basis. New students can apply at the time of enrollment.